[Electronicsclub] Workshop Reminder (8/31) Intro to Hobbyist Electronics

Hensal, Jeff A. hensal.7 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Aug 29 20:07:32 EDT 2016

Hello everyone:

Just a quick reminder that our first workshop is this Wednesday and a few other announcements.

Intro to Hobbyist Electronics
Come learn how to get started with personal hobbyist projects and hear about some of the cool projects our members have created in the past. We will then do a workshop leading up to the design of a photo-resistor theremin shown here<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzFym2C5YM>. Workshop kits will be provided along with the MSP430 Launch Pads - all you will need is the Energia IDE<http://energia.nu/download/> downloaded on your laptop. If you don't have a personal laptop you can always partner up with other members. Be sure to come enjoy free pizza and learn more about our club!

What: Intro to Hobbyist Electronics
When: Wednesday 8/31 @ 7pm
Where: Baker Systems 120 (BE0120)
Bring: a laptop with Energia<http://energia.nu/download/> installed on it

ESL Ice Cream Social

The ElectroScience Laboratory is hosting an ice cream social for junior and seniors in ECE on Friday, September 16th. This is a great way to learn about grad school opportunities and network with fellow students. The deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, September 7th to Yesim Anter (anter.3 at osu.edu). Check out the attached flyer for more information.

CHHPE Orientation

The Center for High Performance Power Electronics is holding an orientation and recruitment session TOMORROW (8/30) from 4:00-5:30pm. During this session, you will learn about their research activities, meet their graduate students, and enjoy a lab tour. Check out the attached flyer for more information.

We hope to see you this Wednesday at our first workshop!

Sincerely,

Jeff Hensal
President · Electronics Club
Undergraduate Research Assistant · CHPPE
Electrical Engineering 2018 · The Ohio State University
http://electronicsosu.com/