[Vwoolf] Clive Bell and the Making of Modernism

Jean Mills millsj7 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 09:04:09 EDT 2021

Awesome, Mark!! so many congratulations and huzzahs!!! I can't wait to read
it, Jean

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 2:07 PM Regina Marler via Vwoolf <
vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> Wonderful news, Mark! Congratulations on completing this amazing project:
> the first biography of the last significant first-generation member of the
> Bloomsbury Group. (With apologies to Saxon Sydney Turner.) We’ve all been
> waiting for this missing puzzle piece. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Regina
>
> Sent from a small, hand-held device. Please excuse typos.
>
> On Mar 20, 2021, at 7:17 AM, Mark Hussey via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu>
> wrote:
>

> My biography of Clive Bell (due out in the UK April 1, in the USA July 6)
> is reviewed in today’s *London* Times.
>

> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.markhusseybooks.com__;!!KGKeukY!mE-mLickxQtjnnHUK0wQkVq-pJ0-lN47O8h9qsSsqClLQJuBHcgjCI1JJ52MxiEH_NkhiK-P5g6j$
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.markhusseybooks.com__;!!KGKeukY!l-asuKXQ1nBtP1eKP7dMVyQHExkCNN2pvBAMZXtlwAzyGzBsbgl5W9ec6pEgOaiSjZWkTudB11Ld$>

Jean Mills (she, her, hers)
Associate Professor
The Department of English
John Jay College/CUNY
524 West 59th Street, Room 7.63.12
New York, NY 10019

Selected Publications:

*Nancy Cunard: Perfect Stranger *by Jane Marcus; Edited and with an
Introduction and Afterword by Jean Mills. Clemson University Press, Fall,
2020
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://libraries.clemson.edu/press/books/nancy-cunard-perfect-stranger/__;!!KGKeukY!mE-mLickxQtjnnHUK0wQkVq-pJ0-lN47O8h9qsSsqClLQJuBHcgjCI1JJ52MxiEH_NkhiFovpIdr$

"Obscene, Grotesque, and Carnivalesque: Hope Mirrlees's *Lud-in-the-Mist *as
Menippean Satire" in *The Female Fantastic: Gendering the Supernatural in
the 1890s and 1920s. *Routledge, Fall, 2018.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.routledge.com/The-Female-Fantastic-Gendering-the-Supernatural-in-the-1890s-and-1920s/McCormick-Mitchell-Soares/p/book/9780815364023__;!!KGKeukY!mE-mLickxQtjnnHUK0wQkVq-pJ0-lN47O8h9qsSsqClLQJuBHcgjCI1JJ52MxiEH_NkhiEFBEc1V$

"'With every nerve in my body I stand for peace': Jane Ellen Harrison and
the Heresy of War" in *Reconsidering Peace and Patriotism during the First
World War *(Palgrave/Macmillan, 2017)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9783319513003__;!!KGKeukY!mE-mLickxQtjnnHUK0wQkVq-pJ0-lN47O8h9qsSsqClLQJuBHcgjCI1JJ52MxiEH_NkhiKrCKXP6$

*Virginia Woolf, Jane Ellen Harrison, and the Spirit of Modernist
Classicism *(The Ohio State University Press, 2014)
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ohiostatepress.org/Books/Book*20Pages/Mills*20Virginia.html__;JSU!!KGKeukY!mE-mLickxQtjnnHUK0wQkVq-pJ0-lN47O8h9qsSsqClLQJuBHcgjCI1JJ52MxiEH_NkhiKBLcT2Y$

Associate Editor, *Feminist Modernist Studies*

212.237.8706
JEMILLS at JJAY.CUNY.EDU