[Vwoolf] "The Pursuit of Love" - trigger alert

Ellen Moody ellen.moody at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 16:12:04 EDT 2021

Just to chime in -- I've seen the first episode of this new iteration and
found it appalling -- it's the film art I refer to.  It makes the recent
super-rapid Writ large pace (90 minute) Romeo and Juliet (Jessie Buckley
and Josh O'Connor) look slow and subtle.'
Everyone super-extravagantly costumed.  And to say there are older film
adaptations of this book -- or series by Mitford -- so it must be popular
One in 1980 and one in 2001 -- both titled Love in a Cold Climate.  I
remember the second was actually quite watchable -- with a remarkable cast.

Ellen Moody