[Vwoolf] Cats and Mary Ellen

Neverow, Vara S. neverowv1 at southernct.edu
Tue Feb 9 15:29:07 EST 2021

To shift to something with a bit more joy about cats, I am sharing this website--https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lithub.com/15-great-cat-poems-not-written-by-cats/--which__;!!KGKeukY!mJvOsgo0iEif06KWXT2CANAmR4JlLyne84PBn4koSlEI18n320iCmu4tnNXqYaFjbUM$  features a lovely illustration with at least 30 cats and kittens and also includes an excerpt from Christopher Smart on the topic of "[For I Will Consider My Cat Jeoffrey]" and Rebecca Hazelton's "Love Poem for What It Is."

Trigger warning: some of the poems are almost as grisly as the instances of cat abuse mentioned in previous emails, but some are very inspiring and respectful in the depiction of felines.

Vara

Vara Neverow
Department of English
Southern Connecticut State University