[Vwoolf] Mills College petition

Alice E. Staveley staveley at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 14 16:08:30 EDT 2021

Dear Woolfians,

Some of you might have heard that Mills College, founded in 1852, and the oldest women’s college in the USA west of the Rockies, is closing its doors, owing to declining enrollments and the economic impact of the Pandemic.  An announcement was made on 17 March without much to explain or support the future of the non-unionized faculty.  Juliana Spahr, a friend in residence this year with me at the Stanford Humanities Center who is Professor and Dean of Graduate Studies at Mills, sent me this petition last night; I immediately thought of our community, and how many of you might wish to support its aims.

If you feel moved to add your name, please do.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cON4QF1b-H3xTZWBusw1wU6ww6pgimHQPyk8g9Yg-r8/viewform?ts=60760b86&gxids=7628&edit_requested=true__;!!KGKeukY!hdxqqZHc9gCXnH4EpVU8V7Lh59Pu2J200UjMkDOpfBzEWwBwPz3HYSvO8gnUBPlfxI4$

Very best wishes
Alice

Alice Staveley
Senior Lecturer
Department of English
Stanford University
Director | Digital Humanities Minor
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.modernistarchives.com__;!!KGKeukY!hdxqqZHc9gCXnH4EpVU8V7Lh59Pu2J200UjMkDOpfBzEWwBwPz3HYSvO8gnUV5kC6Hg$

On Leave at Stanford Humanities Center 2020-21