[Vwoolf] Fw: Fancy not knowing that!

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Mon Apr 5 12:54:16 EDT 2021

But did you know, Stuart, that Wincarnis (advertised on the bus) was
originally a blend of wine and meat (the clue is in the name). British
Prime Minister Harold Wilson was mercilessly ribbed by the satirical
magazine Private Eye for allegedly drinking Wincarnis. It was a bit too
lower class a beverage for the toffs who ran the Eye. See

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wincarnis__;!!KGKeukY!nxzQGAHMoFQ2fxFYBk9Or_akVIIx0fEQ__JZTHuX2pxX3BojSk96hfviVEMo8WCU0Jo$

I doubt that Wincarnis appears in a Woolf novel . . .

Jeremy H