[Vwoolf] The day we broke into Asheham (30 May 1993)

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Sat May 30 04:22:17 EDT 2020

The photo has been doctored, in case they send round the rozzers.

Stuart
(Day 74)

“No, it is not desirable for medicine, any more than for war, to be ‘total.’ [...] We are not being invaded.  The body is not a battlefield.  The ill are neither unavoidable casualties nor the enemy.  We – medicine, society – are not authorized to fight back by any means whatever. . . . About that metaphor, the military one, I would say, if I may paraphrase Lucretius: Give it back to the war-makers.” (Susan Sontag)