[Vwoolf] Cole as practical joker

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 7 11:22:32 EDT 2020

 Thanks, Stuart.

Peter, can you confirm that you have not already told OUP?

    On Thursday, 7 May 2020, 13:49:09 BST, Stuart N. Clarke via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

 Essays VI, p. 576, n.2: “The original telegram sent to the Commander-in-Chief of the Home Fleet only referred to ‘Prince Makelen of Abbysinia [sic]; and suite’ (quoted in Peter Stansky, “On or About December 1910: Early Bloomsbury and its Intimate World” [Harvard University Press, 1996], p. 25).”Stuart From: Sarah M. Hall via Vwoolf Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:13 PMTo: vwoolf at lists.osu.edu ; Jeremy Hawthorn Subject: Re: [Vwoolf] Cole as practical joker I could email my contact at OUP (who sent me the DNB entries to work on). I'll need a full explanation backed by references, of course. None of us would expect anything less! Perhaps a suggested rewording? They might not accept it, but it would serve as an illustration. Or perhaps Peter has already tried?
 Sarah M. HallVWSGB