[Vwoolf] Endell Street

Kllevenback kllevenback at att.net
Sat May 2 06:23:00 EDT 2020

Florence Melian Stawell, an Australian who attended Newnham College, Cambridge University, and rubbed shoulders with Bloomsbury, “worked tirelessly” at the Endell Street clinic during the Great War—a facility that was set up and run entirely by women.  Reportedly it was so effective that even those who publicly doubted its utility came to praise it.

(See my Cecil Woolf monograph on Virginia Woolf, Melian Stawell & Bloomsbury 2017)

Stay safe, stay well—
Karen Levenback

Sent from my iPad