[Vwoolf] boss of the back

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 13:00:26 EDT 2020

 By George, I think we've got it!

    On Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 17:10:48 BST, Stuart N. Clarke via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

 I find in this book (1834) by Walter Scott, which contains notes etc. to his works, there is a glossary: boss = hollowhttps://books.google.co.uk/books?id=HR5RAAAAcAAJ&pg=RA10-PA3&dq=%22boss%22+%22walter+scott%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi85cyiqvzoAhWaRBUIHerpBtsQ6AEIbjAI#v=onepage&q=boss&f=falseI haven’t found where he used the word in this sense. Stuart  From: Jeremy Hawthorn via Vwoolf Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 1:43 PMTo: vwoolf Subject: [Vwoolf] boss of the back