[Vwoolf] Wombat Question

danelljones at bresnan.net danelljones at bresnan.net
Mon Apr 20 10:32:31 EDT 2020

Hi Friends,

So..when Vanessa addresses letters to "William and Wombat" when writing to
Virginia and Adrian who are traveling in Spain in 1906, who, exactly is
"Wombat"?  The notes in the letters say it is her dog, another biographer
says it is Adrian.

Yet the language of the letters suggests that Virginia is both "William" and
"Wombat."

BTW, I get "William" as a play on "Billy Goat."

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help with this!

I hope this finds everyone holding up. In these times, I realize again how
lucky we are to be book lovers.

Danell

Danell Jones