[Vwoolf] Snapshots of Bloomsbury

Maggie Humm M.Humm at uel.ac.uk
Sat Nov 23 06:25:23 EST 2019

Dear Woolfians

A personal plea (if I may)

Thames and Hudson are considering reprinting my book Snapshots of Bloomsbury: the Private Lives of Virginia Woolf and Vanessa Bell
Books are our babies and having one come alive again would mean a great deal to me.

Thames and Hudson have requested:

  1.  'to identify some international Woolf events on the horizon'. Does anyone know of upcoming events stretching into 2022?
  2.  'there are some significant contemporary writers, and other artists, photographers and activists, who have already seen and admired your book, so might write an endorsement' GOSH! Suggestions?
  3.  If there are international publishers who you know of for whom this could be a likely take-up if it were back in print, that would be enormously helpful too' Rutgers UP were the original publishers but have renounced rights to me.

I would be enormously grateful for any help with these!

Many thanks

Maggie

Emeritus Professor Maggie Humm
University of East London
http://www.maggiehumm.net/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maggie-Humm/e/B001H6UJ34/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1516787028&sr=1-2-ent
The information transmitted in this e-mail and its contents is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
If you are not the intended addressee you are prohibited from storing, copying or using the
information in any way. This email has been checked for viruses and malware but no liability is
accepted by UEL for any damage caused by any virus or malware that may be transmitted by this email.