[Vwoolf] Virginia Woolf's Garden

Kathy Johnson twoshoes at yourlink.ca
Fri Nov 1 12:01:01 EDT 2019

I've just finished reading _Virginia Woolf's Garden_ (probably inspired
by a mention here on this list), a delightful book that I was actually
excited about -- a rarity in books, nowadays, for me. I loved the little
glimpses of the relationship between Leonard and Virginia (sweeter than
I'd previously thought), and their daily life at Monk's House. Like
Leonard, I too love flowers, but haven't near the ambition or dedication
that he applied to his garden.

The publishers cheated by titling the book as they did. Really it
should've been _Leonard Woolf's Garden_, if they'd been honest.

Am now reading _The Haunted House_, the collection of Virginia's short
stories. What a writer she was. Her skill reminds me that I'm not really
a writer. What *I* am is a reader, through and through.

All the best to you, from
Kate in snowy cold Saskatchewan

~Stubblejumpers Cafe~
http://stubblejumperscafe.wordpress.com
Bloggin' till the cows come home and then some