[Vwoolf] on Mrs Dalloway and old age

Harish Trivedi harish.trivedi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 12:30:37 EST 2019

A recent article at the following link connects Mrs Dalloway's
self-perceived 'invisiblity' generally to the ageing of women.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2019/02/akiko-busch-mrs-dalloway-shows-aging-has-benefits/583480/

Mrs D speaking of "this body she wore" may remind some Indian readers of a
key verse in the *Bhagavad-Gita* (II: 22) which says:

As a person casts off old worn-out clothes and puts on new ones
So a soul casts off an old body and puts on a new one [on rebirth].

This is of course not a case of intertextuality but just a random mnemonic
irrelevancy on my part.

Harish Trivedi