[Vwoolf] Mrs. vs Mrs

Anne Fernald fernald at fordham.edu
Thu Feb 28 20:42:57 EST 2019

That's right, Mark,

Since the first UK edition used the period, I reinstated it for CUP even
though subsequent English editions dropped it. (It's always been part of
the US editions.)

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 7:48 PM Mark Hussey via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu>
wrote:

> The period is there in the first UK and US editions (according to
> Kirkpatrick and Clarke), but it seems often to be omitted on the dustjacket
> copy of various editions (e.g. the Shakespeare Head).

Anne E. Fernald <http://www.fordham.edu/info/24101/anne_fernald> (she/her)
Professor of English and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Special Advisor to the Provost for Faculty Development
fernald at fordham.edu

Rose Hill: Cunniffe 230
718-817-3312

Lincoln Center: Martino Hall 422
212-636-7613

Spring 2019 Office Hours: T/F 9:15-11:00 at Lincoln Center & by appt.