[Vwoolf] FW: research question/degree of awareness of Woolf in America, 1900

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Tue Feb 12 08:43:18 EST 2019

Good morning,

I received the query below yesterday and thought I would forward it along. If anyone replies, please include Alva as well (alvasmoore at gmail.com<mailto:alvasmoore at gmail.com>).

Thanks,

Kristin

From: Alva Moore [mailto:alvasmoore at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2019 12:14 PM
To: Kristin Czarnecki <Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu>
Subject: research question/degree of awareness of Woolf in America, 1900

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Georgetown College's Email System. DO NOT CLICK on any links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear Ms. Czarnecki,

Would society ladies of Virginia Woolf's era, born and raised in the American south, be aware of the lesbian relationships Sackville-West, Woolf, etc., enjoyed?  Or was that kept from their buying public?

In my research at a local historic home, I've discovered several Sackville-West books.  The home belonged to maiden sisters who, in 1965, left their Victorian home and contents to our organization.  We've not much information about them as individuals.

Thanks for your time,
and best regards-

Alva Moore