[Vwoolf] A blast from the past from Google Alerts

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 22 18:30:40 EST 2018

Surely this man can’t really find Lee’s biography difficult.  He must lead a sheltered life.  He could try practising to understand ‘difficult’, say, with this:

The narrative, from this moment when the ship-object has been ostensibly set adrift from meaning, endeavours to trace the “infinitely mysterious” nature of a perspective that has as yet not come to attain any stable point of view. Rachel Vinrace now allows for perspectivization to enter into a radical mode; a “spatial mapping” as Jameson has termed it, but which is here concerned with the ‘vastness’ of the possibility of being. Yet, Rachel’s ability to leave or avoid her inherited weltanschauungcan, as we shall see, only lead to momentary solipsistic touches of the ceiling of the infinite. The narrative, from this moment when the ship-object has been ostensibly set adrift from meaning, endeavours to trace the “infinitely mysterious” nature of a perspective that has as yet not come to attain any stable point of view. Rachel Vinrace now allows for perspectivization to enter into a radical mode; a “spatial mapping” as Jameson has termed it, but which is here concerned with the ‘vastness’ of the possibility of being. Yet, Rachel’s ability to leave or avoid her inherited weltanschauungcan, as we shall see, only lead to momentary solipsistic touches of the ceiling of the infinite. The narrative, from this moment when the ship-object has been ostensibly set adrift from meaning, endeavours to trace the “infinitely mysterious” nature of a perspective that has as yet not come to attain any stable point of view. Rachel Vinrace now allows for perspectivization to enter into a radical mode; a “spatial mapping” as Jameson has termed it, but which is here concerned with the

‘vastness’ of the possibility of being. Yet, Rachel’s ability to leave or avoid her inherited weltanschauung can, as we shall see, only lead to momentary solipsistic touches of the ceiling of the infinite.

The narrative, from this moment when the ship-object has been ostensibly set adrift from meaning, endeavours to trace the “infinitely mysterious” nature of a perspective that has as yet not come to attain any stable point of view. Rachel Vinrace now allows for perspectivization to enter into a radical mode; a “spatial mapping” as Jameson has termed it, but which is here concerned with the ‘vastness’ of the possibility of being. Yet, Rachel’s ability to leave or avoid her inherited weltanschauungcan, as we shall see, only lead to momentary solipsistic touches of the ceiling of the infinite. And then Lee might seem crystal clear by comparison.

Stuart