[Vwoolf] petrol price

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Sat May 26 08:07:28 EDT 2018

When we were in Texas 1994-5, we stopped at a gas station to fill up.
The guy driving a Dodge RAM or similar the other side of the pump
started to sound off about the price of gas - it had gone up to about
USD 1.25 a gallon. When he paused, I said: "Where we come from it's 4
dollars a gallon." "Where's that?" he asked, looking amazed. "Norway", I
replied. He looked as though he was struggling to say something, but his
brain must have seized up. I found this oddly satisfying.

Jeremy H