[Vwoolf] Woolf Google doodle

Margaret Tudeau mtudeau at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 26 03:44:10 EST 2018

The leaves are nice, but if the Google dwarves had dug a bit deeper they
might have found some more interesting images, as in this beautiful
'birthday' extract from the diary, 88 years ago to the day :
Sunday 26 January 1930
I am 48: we have been at Rodmell — a wet, windy day again; but on my
birthday we walked among the downs, like the folded wings of grey birds;
& saw first one fox, very long with his brush stretched; then a second;
which had been barking, for the sun was hot over us; it leapt lightly
over a fence & entered the furze — a very rare sight. How many foxes are
there in England?
Foxes are of course flourishing today in London. Woolf would, I think,
have enjoyed the recent TV shot of a fox slinking through Downing Street
(on the day Boris took another side swipe at Theresa May.....).
Margaret Tudeau-Clayton