[Vwoolf] Tate St. Ives exhibit: Virginia Woolf An Exhibition Inspired By Her Writings

Anne Fernald fernald at fordham.edu
Thu Feb 8 16:03:11 EST 2018

Dear all,

I'm so excited about this show! Its been curated by Laura Smith of Tate St.
Ives & Tate London whom many of you know from Woolf Conferences. I was
lucky enough to have her visit my Woolf grad class a few years back when
she was in New York looking for material for the show. What's so thrilling
about Laura's vision is how expansive, contemporary, and feminist she's
been in defining what it means to be "inspired by" Woolf. You get a little
sense of that on the Tate website
<http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-st-ives/exhibition/virginia-woolf>.
My strong sense in conversations she & I have had and from the website, is
that most of us will learn something about 20th and 21st century art from
the exhibit--it's not only Vanessa Bell and Carrington (no shade on either
intended).

Yours,

Anne

--
Anne E. Fernald <http://www.fordham.edu/info/24101/anne_fernald>
Acting Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences
fernald at fordham.edu

Rose Hill: Cunniffe 211
718-817-3034

Lincoln Center: Martino Hall 422