[Vwoolf] "The 'Increasing' Black Population in Virginia Woolf's Fiction"

Adolphe Haberer Adolphe.Haberer at univ-lyon2.fr
Sun Apr 29 06:26:12 EDT 2018

Dear Stuart,
You surprisingly forgot to mention the first "black woman" in *Jacob's Room*,
even though she turns out to be a rock: "A large black woman was sitting on
the sand. He ran towards her." (Ch. I)
Also, there exists another translation of the book into French, done by
Agnès Desarthe, Paris: Stock, 2008.
Thank you for your contribution to the list.
Best
Ado

==
Adolphe Haberer
Professeur émérite à l'Université Lumière Lyon 2
1 route de Saint-Antoine 69380 Chazay d'Azergues
Adolphe.Haberer at univ-lyon2.fr
ado at haberer.fr
33 (0) 4 78 43 65 24
33 (0) 6 63 57 95 91