[Vwoolf] exhibits etc around Conference time?

danelljones at bresnan.net danelljones at bresnan.net
Sun Apr 15 19:24:39 EDT 2018

If you are in London the following weekend, you could take in Africa Writes <http://africawrites.org/featured/africa-writes-2018-save-the-date/>  at the British Library.

I’ll be there with my new biography of forgotten Sierra Leonean writer A.B.C. Merriman-Labor:  <https://global.oup.com/academic/product/an-african-in-imperial-london-9781849049603?cc=us&lang=en&> An African in Imperial London: The Indomitable Life of A.B.C. Merriman-Labor.

Here’s more information and a lovely promotional video <https://vimeo.com/204368398> :

Friday 29 June – Sunday 1 July

Brought to you by The Royal African Society

Africa Writes returns for an exciting summer weekend at the British Library celebrating the best of contemporary literature from Africa and the diaspora.

We’ve had an amazing response to our call for contributions and are busy cooking up a treat of a programme for you. Full details of the events and ticket booking will be announced at the start of May.

In the meantime, save the dates in your diaries for a rich and vibrant programme of book launches, panel discussions, performances, masterclasses, education events, family workshops and an international book fair.