[Vwoolf] Calling all book collectors!

Catherine Hollis hollisc at berkeley.edu
Tue Jun 6 19:31:17 EDT 2017

Dear Woolfians,

In preparation for this year's upcoming conference at Reading, I am
thinking about book collecting, Woolf, and the Hogarth Press. Specifically,
I'm wondering what we, as members of the Woolf community, collect when/if
we collect editions of Woolf's novels or Hogarth Press books?

Assuming that nobody can afford the $25,000 copy of *Kew Gardens* (1919) I
saw at a recent antiquarian book fair, have you found a more affordable
niche for collecting Woolf and/or Hogarth Press books? (I look for battered
American editions of Woolf's novels, with somewhat intact Bell dust
jackets; Emily Kopley talks about collecting the Hogarth Press Letters
pamphlet series).

I've seen great essays by Kopley and Drew Patrick Shannon on collecting
and/or interacting with H.P. / Woolf books, but I'd love to gather more
stories about book collecting from within our own Woolfian community.

If you've got a story, an anecdote, or an article I should read, I'd love
to hear from you, either via the list or personal email. Thanks in advance!

Catherine

--
Catherine W. Hollis, PhD
Instructor, Fall Program for Freshmen