[Vwoolf] Marcle Schwob and Woolf?

Irena Księżopolska irenaks at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Feb 16 03:24:53 EST 2017

Dear Woolfians,

Does anyone know anything about any possible connection between Woolf and Marcel Schwob?

It seems that what he is doing in Imaginary Lives is close to Woolf’s own idea of biography.

Quick search through my materials turned up very little. Indexes to Essays and Letters do mention Schwob at all.

I only found Hermoine Lee’s mention of him in her Biography: A Very Short Introduction (in the chapter “Fallen Idols”, but without clear connection to Woolf).

Of course I did ask Google before venturing to write this, but without satisfactory result.

Is there anything at all?

I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Very best,

Irena Księżopolska