[Vwoolf] Meet the parents who won’t let their children study literature--what would Woolf say, eh?

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 6 08:45:56 EDT 2016

So, it’s all money nowadays, eh?  Remember when it was about politics and morality?  In the late 60s, people were not allowed to do sociology because it was too left-wing and hippie.  A friend of mine in the early 60s was allowed by her father to take any subject at Sydney, except philosophy, because of its moral dangers – in view of the Orr case:
http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/orr-sydney-sparkes-11314

Stuart