[Vwoolf] portrait of Virginia Woolf

Mark Scott mark.travis at frontier.com
Tue Oct 4 13:33:25 EDT 2016

I think Frances Spalding would be tempted to buy this bronze casting.  On the other hand, she might wonder who the subject is of the portrait in question.  I don’t see much resemblance to Woolf in that painting either in a physical or spiritual way.  The overall effect of the portrait was rather chilling to me.  That is to say, it left me cold.

The bronze bust, on the other hand, is quite beautiful and is immediately recognizable to me.

Mark Scott
Common Reader (and Common viewer of art)