[Vwoolf] Woolf Conference Concert - latest news

Woolf2016 Woolf2016 at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 13:48:01 EDT 2016

Dear all

As we all look forward to Woolf 2016 with great anticipation, here's the latest news from Virginia Woolf & Music about our conference concert. Tickets are still available from our online store<https://virginiawoolf2016.wordpress.com/online-store/>.

Concert Livestream Update:

The concert 'Virginia: A Musical Portrait', featuring three world premieres setting her work, takes place on Friday 17 June 2016 at 8pm at the Clothworkers' Centenary Concert Hall, Leeds (UK). The concert focuses on settings of Woolf's letters and diaries, and includes new song cycles by Richard Barnard and Jan-Willem Van Herpen, a new song by Jeremy Thurlow, and Dominick Argento's song cycle 'From the Diary of Virginia Woolf'. It will be streamed live at

https://livestream.com/uol/woolf

Forthcoming Concert Announced:

'Weaving Threads', the third concert of the series 'Virginia Woolf & Music', will take place in Robinson College Chapel, Cambridge on 3 November 2016 at 7.30pm. Performed by the Kreutzer Quartet, it includes work by Bach, string quartets by Beethoven and Priaulx Rainier, and a new string quartet by Jeremy Thurlow.

Further details at:
http://virginiawoolfmusic.wp.st-andrews.ac.uk

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Leeds and if you can't be there please follow us on #Woolf2016.

Best wishes
Jane, Tom and Anne

The 26th Annual Conference on Virginia Woolf | Leeds Trinity University | 16-19 June 2016
Revd Dr Jane de Gay (Organizer) | Tom Breckin and Anne Reus (Co-Organizers)