[Vwoolf] Feminist Library Eviction, London

Alice E. Staveley staveley at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 24 18:44:43 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

This urgent appeal to save the Feminist Library from eviction on 1 March (the inaugural day of Women’s History month no less) is likely of interest to many in our community.  The organizer, Anna Pigott, tells me that the petition can only take international signatures if they include the Library’s own postal code (SE1 7XW), so if you’re contributing from outside the UK plug in that code and your name will be counted.

I’ve just added my name and a guinea to the cause, and hope others will too, in an attempt to save the 7000+ holdings here from dispersal, or oblivion.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-the-feminist-library-from-eviction

(Apologies if this message repeats an earlier one to another list; in the interim, Anna has also encouraged me and others to add testimonials about feminist archival work to the library’s page:
http://feministlibrary.co.uk/support/testimonials-in-support-of-the-feminist-library/)

Very best
Alice