[Vwoolf] announcing: A Companion to Virginia Woolf

Jessica Berman jberman at umbc.edu
Sun Apr 10 18:00:49 EDT 2016

Dear Fellow Woolfians:
I’m thrilled to announce the publication of A Companion to Virginia Woolf (Wiley-Blackwell, 2016), http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118457889.html <http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118457889.html>

The volume contains 33 essays by top scholars, many of them members of this list and of the International Virginia Woolf Society. I am extremely grateful for their wonderful contributions and hope you’ll join me in applauding them.

The Companion
• Approaches Woolf’s writing from a variety of perspectives and disciplines, including modernism, post-colonialism, queer theory, animal studies, digital humanities, and the law
• Explores the multiple trajectories Woolf’s work travels around the world, from the Bloomsbury Group, and the Hogarth Press to India and Latin America
• Situates Woolf studies at the vanguard of contemporary literature scholarship and the new modernist studies

Please feel to share widely!  And I’d be happy to hear from anyone who has a response to the volume.
All best wishes,
Jessica

Jessica Berman
Director, Dresher Center for the Humanities - dreshercenter.umbc.edu
Professor, English
Affiliate Professor, Gender + Women's Studies; Language, Literacy and Culture
The University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
410-455-6798
jberman at umbc.edu

Co-editor, Modernist Latitudes book series, Columbia University Press