[Vwoolf] FW: Voyage Out Centenary Scarf

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Mon Sep 28 08:45:49 EDT 2015

Good morning, Woolfians. Please see below.

I'm an artist who has created a dozen works inspired by Virginia Woolf's first novel, The Voyage Out.

This year, as it is 100 years since the original publication of the novel, I created an image to capture the spirit of the novel.  This I have transformed into a silk scarf and have launched an Indiegogo campaign to fund the production costs through the sale of the scarves.  There will only be 100 printed.

Would you be able to email your members about this please?

Below, I provide a photo and some more information:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0F9CA.128D8940]

The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf was published 100 years ago, at the end of March 1915.
In March this year I was busy working on an image which would capture the spirit of the book.  My painting has now been transformed into a silk scarf, measuring 136 x 136cm, digitally printed onto velvety crepe satin silk and made in England.
You can pre-purchase one of the edition of 100 through my Voyage Out Centenary Scarf<http://igg.me/at/VoyageOutCentenaryScarf> project on Indiegogo.
Over the years, this book has provided me with much inspiration - you can see 10 paintings, one porthole and a map comprising 76 printed 20cm squares on my website, all of which are linked to quotations from The Voyage Out http://www.ruthdent.com/the-voyage-out-portfolio-page/
You can find my Indiegogo campaign, complete with the video I made on the windy North Kent Marshes here: http://igg.me/at/VoyageOutCentenaryScarf
Many thanks,
Ruth Dent

Best wishes,