[Vwoolf] "Jacob's Room": Crux #2

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Wed May 13 02:52:58 EDT 2015

I do take it (from my hunting on the internet) that there need be nothing exceptional about babies with purple eyelids and therefore the implied argument is that we should not annotate this.  However, applying the principle that “nothing is casual in Woolf”, I would like to be enlightened about whether or not there is some special combination of poverty + babies + purple eyelids!

Stuart