[Vwoolf] Seeking current smart intro Fem/Gender Theories

Leslie Hankins lhankins at cornellcollege.edu
Tue May 5 12:04:28 EDT 2015

This is a bit off topic, but I'm stymied.  Can anyone help me find a good,
basic, up to date introduction to Feminist/Gender Theories that is
substantial and inviting?  I haven't had much luck with chapters in Intro
to Theory books--Feminist Theory seems to often get a once-over-lightly &
I'd like something that covers both.

Thanks in advance, leslie
I appreciate any and all help.  You can reply off line to my
lhankins at cornellcollege.edu address.

--
Leslie Kathleen Hankins
Professor

*"Moreover, however interesting facts may be, they are an inferior form of
fiction, & gradually we become impatient of their weakness & diffuseness,
of their compromises & evasions, of the slovenly sentences which they make
for themselves, and are eager to revive ourselves with the greater
intensity & truth of fiction." *
                                                         Virginia Woolf,
"How Should One Read a Book?"