[Vwoolf] Wakey, wakey!

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 19 03:56:44 EDT 2015

I am a great admirer of the covers of the Penguin edition of Virginia Woolf’s diaries (which, disgracefully, are out of print), and yet I am so very unobservant!

I have only just noticed that on the upper cover of vol. 2, there is part of the MS of “Middlebrow”, presumably the version I decided not to use in vol. 6 of “The Essays” (see p. 476, n1).  On the other hand, also reproduced is VW’s book list, actually open at the page I quoted in vol. 6, p. 297, n9.

Ho hum.