[Vwoolf] New Yorker essay on VW and Wharton

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 23 14:26:22 EDT 2014

VW ack’d on 18 Nov 1920 the receipt of a copy of “The Age of Innocence” in an uncollected letter to Messrs Appleton & Co. (letter pub’d in the “Virginia Woolf Bulletin” (Jan. 2011)).  Stephen Barkway discusses VW’s published comments on Wharton – and Wharton’s irritation – in his accompanying note.

Stuart