[Vwoolf] The Secret Auden

Gregory Jordan Dekter jdekter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 04:28:17 EST 2014

Mark,

Beyond the quotation I am confident that Professor Mendelson fully regards
Woolf as a "great modernist". The line you're referring to actually reads
more as though it were channeling what Auden might have thought of the
canon at that time. If you'd like to look into some of Professor
Mendelson's writing on Woolf I would recommend *The Things That Matter:
What Seven Classic Novels Have To Say About the Stages of Life *which
covers *Mrs. Dalloway*,* To the Lighthouse*, and *Between the Acts*.

Cheers