[Vwoolf] Vita Sackville-West painting exhibition in Rockford Ill

Alice Lowe alicelowe88 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 19 12:40:20 EST 2013

Carol Anshaw has created paintings based on interpretations of Vita's life in this exhibition at Rockford University: http://carolanshaw.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/anshaw-ecard.jpg

For those of us not close enough to see it in person, some of these works, including an imagined tryst with Virginia in the basement at Richmond, are on Carol's site: http://carolanshaw.wordpress.com/vita-sackville-west-paintings-2/

Carol has evoked Woolf in fiction as well as on canvas. I began communicating with her when I was researching references to Woolf in contemporary fiction and posted about her on Blogging Woolf:
http://bloggingwoolf.wordpress.com/2012/07/09/as-to-woolf-who-isnt-fascinated-by-her/

Alice Lowe
www.aliceloweblogs.wordpress.com