[Vwoolf] Books from the library of Vanessa Bell and Angelica Garnett

Christian White drchristianwhite at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 05:45:33 EST 2013

Just a quick email to alert you to the fact that we've acquired a small
cache of Bloomsburiana that might be of interest.

Among the books are two of Julian Bell's works, annotated by the author
after publication, and retained by Vanessa Bell as a memento of her son
after his death in Spain.

There's an offprint by Quentin Bell, inscribed to his mother, and a
delightfully incestuous Bloomsbury inscription to Angelica Garnett from her
husband's ex-lover, Duncan Grant.

Please contact me off list for full descriptions of these and more.

Best wishes,

Christian White

Modernfirsteditions.com
Rare Books and Manuscripts of All Ages

00 44 (0) 7811 455398/ 00 44 (0) 1943 608596
287 Leeds Road, Ilkley, Leeds, UK  LS29 8LL

"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to
be out of danger?"
-- T H Huxley