[Vwoolf] Dalloway criticism

Janet Larson jlarson at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Sat Jul 13 14:38:09 EDT 2013

Hi Elsa, You might be interested in the essay below in a collection
about representations of the house, which may not be on the Woolf radar.
I share your interest in space/place. In a fall Studies in Narrative
graduate course I'll be teaching Bakhtin's concept of chronotope, among
other theories, with /Mrs Dalloway/.
    Our special issue of the /European Journal of English Studies/ that
came out last fall on representations of the house, 1950 to the present,
for which I helped write the Introduction ("Housing Fictions in Time")
and co-edited, may also be of interest.
    Thanks for sharing your readings list and the link!
    Dr. Janet Larson
    Graduate English Director,
    Rutgers University, Newark NJ

1. Janet Larson, "The Personal is National: Houses of Memory and Postwar
Culture in /Mrs. Dalloway."/

/The House of Fiction as House of Life/: /Representations of the House,
Richardson to Woolf,/ ed.

Francesca Saggini and Anna Enrichetta Soccio (Newcastle upon Tyne:
Cambridge Scholars

Publishing, 2012), 193-203.

/2. Housing Fictions: Representations of the House in Contemporary
Writing and Art,/

guest edited by Janet Larson, Francesca Saggini, and Anna Enrichetta
Soccio.
Special issue of /The European Journal of English Studies, /Journal of
the European

Society for the Study of English, vol. 16 (Taylor & Francis,2012).
[Articles with emphasis on

postcolonial, postmodern, and women's fiction, poetry, art,
architecture, and film.]