[Vwoolf] Dalloway criticism

Elisa Sparks SPARKS at clemson.edu
Sat Jul 13 10:08:32 EDT 2013

Here's a link to my pretty updated, partially annotated biblio of Dalloway criticism.  It is more practical than theoretical; by which I mean that the theoretical essays I have included are ones that IMHO actually shed some light on Woolf. http://brittomart.net/WoolfSem/dallowaycrit.html

And here's the list of readings for Dalloway day in my grad seminar on Woolf and Space/Place Theory:

·    Scott, Intro to Hussey ed. of MD;

·    Goldman, 53-8.

·    Review Snaith and Whitworth Intro—section on MD.

·       DeCerteau, “Railway Navigation and Incarceration" and "Spatial Stories"
·      Benjamin, Walter. “The Painter of Modern Life”

.

·       Shiach, Morag “Modernism, the City and the "Domestic Interior" Home cultures 2.3 ( 2005): 251-67.

·    Wood, Andelys; “Walking the Web in the Lost London of Mrs. Dalloway.” Mosaic: A Journal for the Interdisciplinary Study of Literature, 2003 June; 36 (2): 19-32.

·    Hagen, Benjamin D.  “A Car, a Plane, and a Tower: Interrogating Public Images in Mrs. Dalloway.” Modernism/Modernity, 2009 Sept; 16 (3): 537-551.

Chen, Fay. “'The Time Is Out of Joint': A Derridean Reading of Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway.”  EurAmerica: A Journal of European and American Studies, 2007 June; 37 (2): 227-54.