[Vwoolf] Tired, but not of London

ANNE Fernald [Staff/Faculty [A&S]] fernald at fordham.edu
Mon Dec 30 13:53:51 EST 2013

Which always makes me think of this one:

“How could I think mountains and climbing romantic? Wasn’t I brought up
with alpenstocks in my nursery, and a raised map of the Alps, showing every
peak my father had climbed? Of course, London and the marshes are the
places I like best” (VWL 3.126; 8/19/24).

Happy New Year, Woolfians,

Anne

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Stuart N. Clarke <
stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com> wrote:

>   In attempting to get fitter, I am trying to go for a brisk walk each
> day.  I have just been for one around what the estate agents call our
> semi-rural location, and I agree with Mrs Dalloway -- "I love walking in
> London ... Really it’s better than walking in the country."
>
> Stuart

Anne E. Fernald<http://www.fordham.edu/academics/programs_at_fordham_/english/faculty/english_faculty/anne_fernald_28537.asp>
Director of Writing/Composition at Lincoln Center,
Associate Professor of
English<http://www.fordham.edu/academics/programs_at_fordham_/english/index.asp>and
Women's
Studies <http://www.fordham.edu/womens_studies>