[Vwoolf] Encountering Virginia Woolf

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 14:53:07 EDT 2013

To the Lighthousewas also my first introduction to
Virginia Woolf, and I think it's a good place for people
to start. I wanted to say on Forster, though, and his view
of Woolf, that he was in the position of a competitor, and
that might have influenced his assessment. And they of
course wrote different types of novels. It might be that he
didn't understand the changes that were coming about, or
simply disliked them.
Best wishes, WB