[Vwoolf] Woolf in Harper's

J. Wilson boxcar at sonic.net
Wed Aug 21 21:50:57 EDT 2013

For one wonderful moment, I thot you meant Harpers Magazine ‹ and then found
it was actually Harpers BAZAAR which did serve to lower my expectations, as
did her misattributing the asking of a second bowl of soup to Mr. Ramsey
rather than Mr. Carmichael, but I guess it does qualify as a ³nice piece.²
Would be fun to hear from others on the list as to how they first read and
fell for VW¹s intensifying prose ‹ for Michael Cunningham, it was Mrs.
Dalloway, of course, and he admits to not understanding a word of it (as Ms
Harris said of To the L when she was 16) but also admits to not having been
able to get it out of his mind....How did you first get started on her,
Kristin?

J.J. Wilson