[Vwoolf] the index to 'The Nation and the Athenaeum'

Emma Tristram emma.tristram at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Oct 27 13:00:22 EDT 2012

Dear VWoolfers, hoping this is not too repetitive (as I tried to post today
with a version of this message but then thought I would become a member, in
case my email was not accepted), I am looking for a way to see the new Index
to 'The Nation and the Athenaeum', prepared by Stuart N. Clarke, as
announced on the website magmods.wordpress.com.

My grandfather (Eric Sutton, a translator) wrote for it, I think, and I am
writing a PhD about him at Chichester University.   I have looked at this
periodical in the British Library on microfilm, but it is hopeless searching
without page references.   An Index sounds like the answer for me, as it
would mean another trip to the BL would be much more fruitful.

I have downloaded the software that is supposed to let you see this new
database on your computer, but it does not work for me.   So I am looking
for advice on the software, or someone who will look up Eric Sutton for me
and give me the page references, or a link to Stuart N. Clarke to discuss
the Index in more detail.

Please  help!

Emma Tristram