[Vwoolf] The battle of life

Diana Swanson dswanson at niu.edu
Wed Oct 17 12:56:40 EDT 2012

I have a reading of the snails in "Kew Gardens" and "Mark on the Wall" in my article, "Woolf's Copernican Shift," in this year's Woolf Studies Annual (vol. 18).

Diana L. Swanson
Associate Professor, Women's Studies & English
Faculty Associate of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,Transgender Studies
Faculty Associate of Environmental Studies
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, IL  60115
815-753-6611
dswanson at niu.edu
>>> "Avery, Todd"  10/17/12 9:17 AM >>>
Friends,

I am teaching a course on Bloomsbury this semester, with a heavy emphasis on Woolf (MT, TTL, Flush, AROO, TG, and shorter pieces); during discussion on Monday a number of students very energetically speculated about the significance of snails in "Kew Gardens" and "The Mark on the Wall" (and in a collection that ends with the word "snail").  Does anyone know of good secondary sources on Woolf and gastropods to which I could direct my students?

Many thanks,

Todd Avery

Dr. Todd Avery

Associate Professor of English