[STEM-funding] No NOAA Formal K-12 Education competition in 2012?

Christopher Andersen andersen.18 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 5 14:32:36 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: OEDGrants <OED.Grants at noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Subject: Notice about NOAAs 2011 Formal K-12 Education competition
To: _OED ELGAnnounce <OED.ELGAnnounce at noaa.gov>

To: NOAA Education Community

Re: Notice about NOAAs ELG 2011 Formal K-12 Education competition ****

This has been a very uncertain year with regard to NOAA’s budget, and
unfortunately, due to substantial cuts, we do not have sufficient funds
available to fund any of the applications that were submitted to the 2011
Environmental Literacy Grants for Formal K-12 Education competition (Funding
Opportunity No. NOAA-SEC-OED-2011-2002608).  We have decided to hold onto a
subset of applications for consideration in 2012.  Final decisions regarding
the Office’s recommendations for awards through this funding opportunity
will be based upon the panel’s recommendations, current agency programmatic
priorities, and funding levels in 2012.

Because we are holding over the 2011 competition, the Office of Education
may not offer a new funding opportunity in 2012. Once our 2012 budget is
finalized, we will notify the community of our decision.

 If you have any questions, please contact Stacey Rudolph at
oed.grants at noaa.gov, or 202.482.0793

Sincerely,

Louisa Koch
Director of Education****