[Somean] Friday: Taylor Mahler and possibly power

Campbell-Kibler, Kathryn campbell-kibler.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 21 14:07:50 EST 2019

Hi all,

This Friday (11:10-12:30, Oxley 122), Taylor Mahler will discuss methods for her QP2 exploring relationships between sociolinguistic information and the semantic phenomenon of projection and what we infer about speaker beliefs. If there's time after Taylor is done, we'll start our distributed discussion of power. I'm attaching a well-known paper of Michel Foucault's on the topic, as one place to start. Feel free to bring in your own thoughts, questions and references.

-K

https://www-jstor-org.proxy.lib.ohio-state.edu/stable/1343197?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents