[Somean] Elite tourists

Kathryn Campbell-Kibler kbck at ling.ohio-state.edu
Thu Nov 12 10:09:22 EST 2009

I'm so sorry, y'all, I thought I'd sent this out over the weekend!
Here's the Jaworski and Thurlow piece from the stance book.  Sorry for the
short short notice.  We'll be discussing it tomorrow (10:30-noon) in Oxley
201A.  You want to find some time to read it because 1) it looks to have
some useful theoretical concepts about the accretion of stances over time
into personal "stands" and collective ideologies and 2) because it will
apparently teach us all to be elite tourists, rather than those schlubby
regular tourists which elite tourists are so concerned with not being.

Kathryn