MCLC: Chinese Studies Research Group Feb. 2014

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 30 08:35:05 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Melissa Dale <mdale3 at usfca.edu>
Subject: Chinese Studies Research Group Feb. 2014

Happy New Year!

Please join us for the Feb. 8th meeting of the Chinese Studies Research
Group (San Francisco Bay Area)!

The University of San Francisco Center for the Pacific Rim welcomes
interested faculty, independent scholars and graduate students to join us
for this second meeting of the 2013-14 academic year.  This is group is
designed to create a sense of community among scholars of Chinese Studies
in the SF Bay Area.  Our meetings are an opportunity to hear and discuss
interesting research in progress and to network with people with similar
interests.  We have two very interesting talks lined up for this meeting
(see details below).

Please feel free to share this message with your colleagues and graduate
students.  No RSVP required.

Saturday, February 8, 2014, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

University of San Francisco, Main Campus, UC 402/403

Matthew Sommer, PhD, Associate Professor of Chinese History, Stanford
University
Research Topic:  Male same-sex relations in Qing dynasty China

Mengjun Li, Ph.D Candidate, Department of East Asian Languages and
Literatures, The Ohio State University
Research Topic: Blurred boundaries in women's talent/virtue performance in
early Qing Chinese fiction

For a campus map of the University of San Francisco, click here:
http://www.usfca.edu/campusmap/

Melissa S. Dale, Ph.D.Executive Director & Assistant Professor
Center for the Pacific Rim
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton St., KA-180A

San Francisco, CA  94117-1080