MCLC: translation of Xu Zhiyong's closing statement (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:01:51 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: A. E. Clark <aec at raggedbanner.com>
Subject: translation of Xu Zhiyong's closing statement (1)

Thanks to Yaxue Cao for translating these documents and to Paul Mooney for
sharing them.

In view of the principles he declares, as well as the strenuous, creative,
and practical efforts he has made to further them, and the non-violent
civility he has maintained in the face of repression, Dr. Xu is a suitable
candidate for the next Nobel Peace Prize.  I trust all Chinese would be as
thrilled as I to see their nation thus honored yet again.

A. E. Clark