MCLC: film adaptation course (6,7,8)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 18 10:35:31 EST 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Keijser, A.S. <A.S.Keijser at hum.leidenuniv.nl>
Subject: film adaptation course (6)

More films that might work:

- Camel Xiangzi (1984), directed by Ling Zifeng, based on Lao She's novel
- Hibiscus Town (1986), directed by Xie Jin, based on Gu Hua's novel
- Happy Times (2000), directed by Zhang Yimou, based on Mo Yan's short
story "Shifu, you'll do anything for a laugh".

A fairly recent film (2007) that my students love to discuss is Lust,
Caution by Ang Lee, based on Eileen Chang's short novel.

Best,

Anne Keijser
Leiden University